HealthOne NSW Framework
The features of HealthOne NSW services that differentiate them from other primary and community health services are:
- Integrated care provided by general practice and community health services
- Organised multidisciplinary team care
- Care across a spectrum of needs from prevention to continuing care
- Client and community involvement
Together these core components make up the HealthOne NSW Model of Care.
The HealthOne NSW Model of Care cannot be realised without supporting strategies. There are four enablers which individually and collectively contribute to the successful implementation of the Model of Care. These are:
- Service and capital planning
- Information and communication technology
- Governance and sustainability
- Workforce development
While HealthOne NSW is structured around these core components, it is also recognised that local approaches need to be developed to suit local circumstances - for example the size and needs of the local population and the health workforce. Sufficient flexibility has been built into the model to enable partners to configure their service for local circumstances.
This web page is managed and authorised by Inter-Government & Funding Strategies of the NSW Department of Health. Last updated: 5 March, 2009