State Nursing Home Transfer Project
Queen Victoria Memorial Home
29 April 2011
The transfer of the Queen Victoria Memorial Home has been progressing in the past three months following the signing of the contract between NSW Health, South Western Sydney Local Health Network and RSL LifeCare Limited. The process has involved the following:
- Approval of the transfer application by the Australian Department of Health and Ageing.
- A staff transfer management process with the majority of nursing home staff deciding to continue employment with RSL.
- A recruitment process by RSL for some remaining vacant positions.
- Consultation with staff and with union representatives including through the Joint Consultative Committee.
- Information sessions with residents.
- Formal notification to residents and their families.
- Briefing meeting with Wollondilly Council held in February.
In accordance with the transfer plan, the transfer will occur on Monday 2 May 2011. Services to existing nursing home residents will continue without disruption, and local access to the services will also continue after the transfer.
NSW Health and RSL LifeCare appreciate greatly the patience and cooperation of staff, residents and their families/carers throughout the transfer process.
Governor Phillip Nursing Home
29 April 2011
The contract for the transfer of the Governor Phillip Nursing Home was signed between NSW Health and RSL LifeCare on 10 February.
The implementation process for the transfer of Governor Phillip Nursing Home to RSL LifeCare is now progressing. The transfer date is scheduled for 20 June 2011.
There has been ongoing consultation with staff and union representatives prior to and during the staff transfer management process. Following this process, a number of vacant positions remaining will be filled by RSL LifeCare through a recruitment process which is now well under way.
Further information session with residents will be held prior to the transfer.