Just click on the links above for information about specific health topics from A to Z.
The Public Health Division seeks to improve the health and well-being of people in NSW through approaches which focus on whole populations.
We work with communities and organisations to create circumstances that promote and protect health, and prevent injury, ill health, and disease. We:
- monitor health and implement services to improve life expectancy and the quality of life
- develop, maintain and report on health data sets
- implement disease and injury prevention measures
- promote and educate people about healthier life styles
- protect health through disease prevention services and legislation
- ensure the quality use of medicines, the safe use of poisons, and safe, high quality care in private health facilities.