The Quality and Safety Unit is part of the Clinical Safety, Quality and Governance Branch that comprises the Pharmaceutical Services Unit and Private Health Care Unit and sits within the the Health System Quality, Performance and Innovation Division that includes:
Health Service Performance Improvement
Demand and Performance Evaluation
Clinical Quality, Safety and Governance Branch
Strategic Information Management
Nursing & Midwifery Office.
The focus of the Division is on improving clinical quality and safety for our patients in NSW health facilities.
See Contact Us for more details.
The Quality & Safety Unit is responsible for:
- setting standards for Area Health Service quality systems
- developing policies on quality and safety for statewide implementation
- developing and reporting on system wide quality indicators
- monitoring and analysing serious clinical incidents, and taking appropriate action such as advice and warnings to the health system
- overseeing statewide clinical governance issues
- overseeing consistent implementation of the NSW Patient Safety and Clinical Quality Program.