The System Information and Analytics (SIA) Branch is within the System Purchasing and Performance Division of the NSW Ministry of Health. The primary role of the SIA Branch is to support the data, information, and analytical needs of the NSW Health system. The Branch provides dependable and authoritative expert advice on NSW Health data, is the custodian of many critical data collections, and leads data governance system wide, including the management of critical analytics infrastructure. The SIA Branch is also responsible for quantifying and analysing activity across the NSW public health system, reporting on the system’s activity and performance, delivering annual improvements to the NSW Health Purchasing Model, and undertaking research and evaluation of incentives, key performance indicators, and healthcare improvement initiatives.
The SIA Branch includes the following units:
- Performance Analysis and Reporting
- Service Utilisation and Activity Modelling
- Information Management and Quality
- Information for Mental Health (InforMH)
- Integrated Care Monitoring and Evaluation
- EDWARD Business Implementation