Our vision is to improve the health and wellbeing of people - now, across their life and for future generations.
We achieve our vision by:
- Partnering with others: government, non-government, academic and beyond
- Developing equity focused policies and programs for the NSW Health system, including where it connects with social care
- Considering individuals, families, communities and populations.
When we do our work, we think about:
- Social determinants of health
- Evidence about what works
- How our work will add value
- How we will know if it did
- Building connections and integrating care.
The Health and Social Policy Branch was established in 2016. It has five units:
- Aged Care
- Community Care and Priority Populations
- Disability, Youth and Paediatric Health
- Maternity, Child and Family
- Integrated Service Response