Membership of the Fluoridation of Public Water Supplies Advisory Committee is prescribed by Section 4 of the Fluoridation Public Water Supplies Act 1957.
The membership of the Committee is:
- the Chief Dentist (as Minister for Health representative) as Chair,
- an Australian Medical Association representative,
- an Australian Dental Association representative,
- an Engineers Australia representative,
- a member nominated by the NSW Minister for Health and
- a Local Government NSW representative.
The role of the committee is to make recommendations and advise on fluoridation, including any proposal for the fluoridation of a public water supply.