In April, Communicable Diseases Branch reported on:
- New HIV surveillance data - 357 notifications in 2013
- New cases of measles, tetanus, meningococcal disease, Zika and Chikungunya infections
- Trends in syphilis, gonorrhoea, chlamydia and Ross River virus infections
• Salmonellosis outbreaks linked to raw eggs in uncooked foods
- Gastroenteritis outbreaks in institutions – seasonal increase in child care centres
- Flavivirus detections in sentinel chickens
- Human exposure to Australian Bat Lyssavirus in a bat
- Summary of notifiable conditions activity in NSW
See: Infectious Disease.
- NHMRC published a consultation draft of their long-awaited review of the evidence on wind farms and human health.
- The Australian Medical Association published a position statement on wind farms and health.