Thinking of a career in nursing? Applications are now open for up to 300 scholarships offered by the NSW government for the 2017 Diploma of Nursing program.
Program placements are available in locations across NSW for the right candidates who are motivated and looking for a diverse and dynamic career. On successful course completion and registration, scholarship recipients will be offered a job as an Enrolled Nurse in a NSW Health facility (subject to standard recruitment processes).
Jacqui Cross, NSW Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer said Enrolled Nurses are a valued component of the NSW Health system.
“If working closely with patients and being part of a team with other health professionals, providing patient-centred and evidence-based care, and a diverse career in healthcare sounds interesting, Enrolled Nursing could be the career for you.
“Enrolled Nurses are in demand across the system, and NSW Health’s Enrolled Nurse Scholarships can help you achieve a rewarding and respected career,” she said.
Scholarships lead to a Diploma of Nursing qualification for up to 300 students. Students who complete the course and meet standard recruitment and registration processes will receive a job offer at a NSW public hospital.
How it works:
- Applications are invited from HSC school leavers, mature age applicants, and those who have already completed a Certificate III or equivalent qualification. Aboriginal people are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Selection for the scholarship involves an online application, a basic literacy and numeracy test, and an interview.
- Successful scholarship applicants will commence their Diploma from March 2017. The program runs for between 12 and 18 months.
- Information on enrolled nurses and details on the scholarship application process are on the Nursing and Midwifery pages of the NSW Health Website at www.health.nsw.gov.au/enrollednurse
- You can also check your eligibility to apply here: www.surveymonkey.com/r/EnrolledNurse2017
- All successful applicants will be required to meet NSW Health immunisation requirements for work placement and subsequent offers of employment.
All applicants will be required to:
- Undergo a National Police History Check
- Provide two written references
- Meet English language skill requirements
- Provide evidence of HSC completion (or equivalent) or a Certificate III qualification (or equivalent)
Scholarship applications are open until February 10, 2017.