The Australian College of Critical Care Nurses (ACCCN) has developed an online course ’Core Critical Care Nursing’. This short course has been designed for nurses as a rapid introduction to Critical Care.
The Core Critical Care Nursing course may be accessed at http://continulus.com/courses/core-critical-care-nursing/
- The course is free.
- Participants must register to access the course.
- Participants will need to know their AHPRA Registration number to access the modules.
- Once the participant has registered and completed the modules they will receive a certificate for their Professional Development records.
Course units include
Chapter 1 - Basic Nursing Care
- Nursing Care of the Mechanically Ventilated Patient
- Top 10 Tips to Recognise and Respond to Patient Deterioration
- Nursing Management of Critically Ill Patients with a Central Venous Catheter
Chapter 2 – Mechanical Ventilation
- Mechanical Ventilation
- CPAP & PEEP
- Common Drugs Used in Sedation Protocols in Mechanically Ventilated Patients
Chapter 3 – Cardiovascular
- Introduction to ECG Rhythm Interpretation
- The Basics of Arterial Lines
Additional modules are also being developed and will be updated when available.
For more information please contact:
Principal Advisor - Nursing Practice and Informatics
Nursing & Midwifery Office, NSW Ministry of Health
Phone: (02) 9461 7213, Email: Matthew.Lutze@health.nsw.gov.au
Online education in critical care for registered nurses
The Commonwealth Government has launched new online education to enable registered nurses to assist in the delivery of care in intensive care and high dependency units.
Some course content is available now, with all content to be available from 9 April 2020.
For more information visit MedCast - SURGE Critical Care.