What is the Resolve Program?
The Resolve Program is a two year program delivering comprehensive, mental health support comprising:
- a residential program for periodic care with 24/7 peer support provided through Resolve Centres
- outreach support to people in their homes
- care coordination and case management for individuals
- linkages to specialist drug and alcohol services
- a phone line for after-hours peer support.
The Program complements other mental health services in Nepean Blue Mountains and Western NSW Local Health Districts that are responsible for taking care of participants’ clinical needs.
How much does it cost?
The Program is free for eligible people.
What are the eligibility criteria?
People are eligible if they:
- are aged 18 – 64 years
- have been hospitalised for a mental health condition for an extended period within the last 12 months
- live in or around Penrith or Orange
- do not have a diagnosis of dementia.
Based on the above criteria, the Local Health District is responsible for determining eligibility and making referrals to the Program.
What mental health conditions are covered by the Program?
All mental health conditions are covered by the Program.
Participants will be assessed for any other support needed such as drug and alcohol support.
How long can people participate in the Program for?
Participants will be supported for two years.
How does the Program differ from other Government programs?
A feature of the Program is that core components of the Program are delivered by peer workers – people with a lived experience of a mental health issue who can use their knowledge to help others on their recovery journey.
The Program provides the right help at the right time at the community level. At some points in time, individuals may benefit from staying in a Resolve Centre to assist with their recovery. At other times, an occasional check in with a peer support worker may be all they require.
Who is Flourish Australia?
Flourish Australia is an established non-government organisation with 60 years of experience delivering community-based mental health services and support for people with a mental health issue.
Flourish Australia is committed to walking alongside people with a lived experience of a mental health issue, as they progress along their recovery journey. Their goal is to support people to build purposeful and proud lives, and be contributing members of the community.
Who is Social Ventures Australia?
Social Ventures Australia is a social purpose organisation that works with partners to improve the lives of people in need.
Social Ventures Australia’s range of services are designed to scale social impact, helping business, government and philanthropists to be more effective funders, and social purpose organisations to be more effective at delivering services.
A social benefit bond of $7 million was raised by Social Ventures Australia to support the Resolve Program.
What is social impact investment?
Social impact investment initiatives bring together resources and expertise from the private and not-for-profit sectors to assist in delivering outcomes for people and communities.
Social impact investment is different because it combines the following attributes:
- outcomes: measuring and paying on outcomes
- innovation: setting incentives and removing input controls for services
- prevention: shifting spending away from high-cost acute services to prevention
- partnerships: sharing risks and benefits across the government and non-government sectors.