There are a variety of tools and studies available to analyse hospital data and benchmark against peers. The tools below will meet different needs. For further assistance with finding data, please contact the Whole of Health Program team.
- Local Hospital and Local Hospital District data teams often have reports and tools available. Liaise with the Local Performance Teams
- Patient Flow Portal (PFP) has various reports in the Report Module including EDD accuracy, MAU reports, speciality reports, Waiting for What delay reports.
- Health Service Performance (HSP) App allows you to trend performance, benchmark results between NSW facilities and enables filtering of data and the export into excel in order to identify factors contributing to performance on a number of KPIs.
- ABM Portal is able to benchmark and compare data between Local Health Districts/ Specialty Health Networks. The portal allows the viewing of National Weighted Activity Unit, Length of Stay, encounter volume and costing data. The data available is either de-identified or identified depending on access permissions.
- Health Round Table (HRT) has a suite of reports designed to assist in finding improvement opportunities. Exemplar and peer comparisons from the department level to the diagnosis and procedure level are available across all areas of the health service from emergency to outpatient. Hospitals across Australia and New Zealand can access HRT data by registering with a paid subscription.
- Emergency Access View (EAV) is a real time dashboard displaying emergency and inpatient demand and key patient flow with metrics available for today, yesterday and the previous 24 hours. Reports cannot be extracted from EAV.
- Monthly Health System Performance reports relate to KPIs and are available on the NSW Health intranet for NSW Health staff with access via a logon.